Internships at CU Denver
Participating in a college internship is one of the most beneficial things a student can do. Not only can you add it to your resume, but it gives you real world experience in the field before you’ve earned the degree. Here are five of the greatest benefits to interning:
- Experience – The first thing that comes to mind and the reason most people take an internship is the experience. A valuable internship offers insights into a field that you just can’t get by sitting in a classroom, and being able to use your classroom knowledge on the job means you’re more likely to retain it.
- Networking – When you intern, you are coming in contact with people who will probably still be in the field when you graduate, meaning that if you make a good impression during your internship, you’re more likely to be offered a job or weighty recommendation later.
- Your Resume – Sure, you can type up that you’ve been an intern, but what’s even better is being able to use your experience as a talking point in job interviews. Why just say you’re a hard worker when you can tell the story of how you rose against all odds to complete a project before the deadline and impressed your manager.
- Confirmation – You won’t know until you try; an internship will give you the best idea of what your future career will be like. Whether you love your internship experience or not so much, it will get you one step closer to finding your ideal job.
- Course Credit – At CU Denver, you can earn course credit for your internship because the learning you do there is just as valuable as the learning you do on campus
Whatever your major is, an internship can be a great learning experience and help you on your way to success. Curious? Click here to learn more about internships at CU Denver.